Sophie Smallhorn Colors Up Olympic Stadium 2012Innovation award
UK- London | Jul 24 2012 | (23:00:22 - EDT)
The Olympic Stadium 2012 will be unveiled in London, with a striking outdoor color installation by British artist, Sophie Smallhorn. The Stadium, designed by Populous, will welcome visitors with a riot of undulating movement of color inspired by the official Olympic colors.
Sophie Smallhorn is an artist who works with color, positioning herself halfway between the art world and the design world. Her work ranges in size and medium from small to large scale, sculpture to architecture, fashion to design. The Olympic Stadium project, commissioned by Populous in 2008, marks her largest work to date.
She has worked closely with the architectural team to devise a creative solution to bring color onto the structure. Color has an inherent role in the Olympic Games, past and present, whether
Get up to date news just for Artists!(Looking for special offers or news in all categories? Try our General newsletter!)
- The New Classic: Julia Belanoff
- HWKN’s Project: Winner of Young Architects Program
- Custo Barcelona Presents X-ray at NY Fashion Week
- 10 Interesting Concepts Revealed at NY Auto Show
- C'est Magnifique! Paris Couture by Chanel
- Lower Blood Pressure & Reverse Age with Marine-D3
- Annuity Harmony: Helping You Plan for Retirement