Wendell Castle: Exquisitely Innovative Art Furniture Design
USA- New York, NY | Jan 2 2013 | (23:02:32 - EDT)
Father of the art furniture movement, Wendell Castle has been a sculptor, designer, and educator for more than four decades. An influential artist, his work has led to the development of handcrafted, modern designer furniture as a major art form and his name is revered above all others in the field.
His bold and graceful pieces, often organic, and sometimes whimsical, are crafted from rare and beautiful hardwoods, plastics, veneers, and metals in a timeless contemporary style. His expression of color and exotic materials are synonymous with the Wendell Castle name.
Born and educated in Kansas, Castle moved to Rochester, New York in 1961 and taught at the School for American Craftsmen. He is currently Artist-in-Residence at the school and maintains his art studio in nearby Scottsville.
Due to none other than superb innovations in art and popularity, the Barry Friedman LTD is extending their Wendell Castle exhibition “Volumes and Voids” until Feb. 2, 2013.
Find more information at:
Source: Barry Friedman LTD
Get up to date news just for Artists!(Looking for special offers or news in all categories? Try our General newsletter!)
- The New Classic: Julia Belanoff
- HWKN’s Project: Winner of Young Architects Program
- Custo Barcelona Presents X-ray at NY Fashion Week
- 10 Interesting Concepts Revealed at NY Auto Show
- C'est Magnifique! Paris Couture by Chanel
- Lower Blood Pressure & Reverse Age with Marine-D3
- Annuity Harmony: Helping You Plan for Retirement