Unique Brecce Collection by Marco Stefanelli
Italy- Rome | Aug 5 2012 | (23:01:27 - EDT)
Italian designer Marco Stefanelli has taken objects which have reached the end of their life cycle, such as scrap wood from a sawmill, and given them a second chance, by combining them with cast resin embedded with LEDs.
Description of the project:
The work of the breccias came from research of natural objects which, in some way, they arrived at the end of their life cycle. He’s working from sawmill scraps, pieces of urban architecture, logs carried by the river, firewood.
In these objects, he tries to give a second chance, pulling out the light from matter and amplifying the sensory experience.
Get up to date news just for Design!(Looking for special offers or news in all categories? Try our General newsletter!)
- The New Classic: Julia Belanoff
- HWKN’s Project: Winner of Young Architects Program
- Custo Barcelona Presents X-ray at NY Fashion Week
- 10 Interesting Concepts Revealed at NY Auto Show
- C'est Magnifique! Paris Couture by Chanel
- Lower Blood Pressure & Reverse Age with Marine-D3
- Annuity Harmony: Helping You Plan for Retirement