Gangnam Style Still Exploding on YouTube
South Korea- Seoul | Sep 26 2012 | (23:11:32 - EDT)
Now with his song at #2 on the Billboard Top 100 songs in the U.S., South Korean singer PSY has LMFAO and Justin Bieber checking their numbers. His world hit "Gangnam Style" has only been up since July 15, 2012 and has gotten 2,615,299 likes, which is more than any other YouTube video has ever received.
The video had more than 262 million views in a 2.5 month timespan. This approach also beat the record of Justin Bieber with his track "Baby."
"Gangnam Style" is a hit in countries like the United States, Sweden, Denmark, Japan, New Zealand and The Netherlands. At present, "Gungnam Style" has made number 1 the iTunes charts in 9 countries. Besides the catchy tune, the accompanying video is especially entertaining with the Gangnam-dance. Also in the video there is an imitation of Britney Spears and even Thai rival gangs comically challenge each other.
Source: Heleen van Lier, AD.nl
Get up to date news just for Music!(Looking for special offers or news in all categories? Try our General newsletter!)
- The New Classic: Julia Belanoff
- HWKN’s Project: Winner of Young Architects Program
- Custo Barcelona Presents X-ray at NY Fashion Week
- 10 Interesting Concepts Revealed at NY Auto Show
- C'est Magnifique! Paris Couture by Chanel
- Lower Blood Pressure & Reverse Age with Marine-D3
- Annuity Harmony: Helping You Plan for Retirement