Floragraphy Exhibit Supports Breast Cancer Fund
China- , Hong Kong | Sep 15 2012 | (22:57:50 - EDT)
Grotto Fine Art takes great pleasure in presenting Gary Yeoh’s first exhibition at their gallery Sept. 13-Oct. 6. As a world renowned pathologist, Dr. Yeoh combines his professional expertise and aesthetic curiosity to present an alternative representation of flowers.
Each flower is photographed under a modern X-ray machine. On a dark backdrop, the images reveal the inner construction of the plants, their complexity and design. Dr. Yeoh’s unique vision of flowers takes hold by their beauty and mesmerizing power as each image resembles a life form as if from another world. In essence, they provide a window to an inner world of existence hidden from our mundane perception.
Dr. Gary Yeoh is a histopathologist at Canossa hospital Hong Kong. Partial proceeds from this exhibition will be donated to the Hong Kong Breast Cancer Fund. Please visit the Grotto Fine Art Website to view more images from Gary Yeoh's Floragraphy exhibit.
Source: Grotto Fine Art
Images Courtesy: Gary Yeoh via Grotto Fine Art Website
Get up to date news just for Photography!(Looking for special offers or news in all categories? Try our General newsletter!)
- The New Classic: Julia Belanoff
- HWKN’s Project: Winner of Young Architects Program
- Custo Barcelona Presents X-ray at NY Fashion Week
- 10 Interesting Concepts Revealed at NY Auto Show
- C'est Magnifique! Paris Couture by Chanel
- Lower Blood Pressure & Reverse Age with Marine-D3
- Annuity Harmony: Helping You Plan for Retirement