London Now: The Olympic City Exhibition
UK- London | Jul 25 2012 | (23:06:11 - EDT)
From August 2 to September 1, 2012 the "London Now: The Olympic City" exhibition at Sarah Myerscough Fine Art has commissioned Jenny Pockley, Alicia Dubnyckyj and Daniel Preece, three cityscape painters, to take a fresh look at London from a twilight helicopter trip. The city has been divided into four iconic areas: Westminster, St Paul's, the City and the Olympic Village.
Each artist presents abstracted interpretations of these four views of London at twilight, focusing upon the formal qualities of painting, yet each works with different techniques and various levels of abstraction, producing a diverse selection of work.
The helicopter trip has allowed the artists to see London from an angle most people never have to opportunity to experience, and their paintings recreate the encounter from their distinct and individual perspectives. In this way, the show hopes to capture and record the spirit of our times, with London as a major international city and the visceral atmosphere and excitement surrounding the 2012 Olympics.
[Source: Sarah Myerscough Fine Art]
Get up to date news just for Photography!(Looking for special offers or news in all categories? Try our General newsletter!)
- The New Classic: Julia Belanoff
- HWKN’s Project: Winner of Young Architects Program
- Custo Barcelona Presents X-ray at NY Fashion Week
- 10 Interesting Concepts Revealed at NY Auto Show
- C'est Magnifique! Paris Couture by Chanel
- Lower Blood Pressure & Reverse Age with Marine-D3
- Annuity Harmony: Helping You Plan for Retirement