Hey New York City: Enjoy Free WiFiInnovation award
USA- n, NY | Jul 7 2012 | (23:07:13 - EDT)
In a world where limits go down and pricing goes up, there’s nothing better than free connectivity.
Boingo Wireless, in collaboration with Google Offers, is bringing free WiFi to over 200 locations in New York City this summer. The partnership lasts from June 25 to September 7, 2012, and if I didn’t already mention this, it’s entirely free.
The WiFi service will be available in various MTA subway stations, including the A, C, E, and L at 8th Ave. and West 14th Street, The C and E at 8th Ave. and West 23rd Street, and the 1, 2, 3, F, M and L at 6th/7th Ave and West 14th Street. Free WiFi will also be available at all of Boingo’s 200 Hotzone Hotspot stations.
This is just the beginning Boingo’s massive roll-out. Over the course of the year, Boingo will bring WiFi to approximately 36 subway stations. This includes Times Square, Rockefeller Center and Columbus Circle. The plan outlines that in the next five years, Boingo WiFi will be available across all 270 train stations, tapping into a network of 1.6 billion annual passengers.
Article is courtesy of Jordan Crook of TechCrunch.com
Get up to date news just for Tech!(Looking for special offers or news in all categories? Try our General newsletter!)
- The New Classic: Julia Belanoff
- HWKN’s Project: Winner of Young Architects Program
- Custo Barcelona Presents X-ray at NY Fashion Week
- 10 Interesting Concepts Revealed at NY Auto Show
- C'est Magnifique! Paris Couture by Chanel
- Lower Blood Pressure & Reverse Age with Marine-D3
- Annuity Harmony: Helping You Plan for Retirement